History of the
Worlds Largest Baseball
WORLD’S LARGEST BASEBALL
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
The Soo Minor Baseball Association is proud to own the World's Largest Baseball located at the main entrance of their fields on Black Rd. in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada. Here are some facts about the baseball:
- Diameter: 10' 0" / 3.0 m
- Weight: 8,620 lbs / 3,910 kg
- Material: Double walled steel plate
- The stitches are 16" / 40.6 cm long.
- The surface area is 314 sq.ft. / 29.2 m2 (almost 2000 times larger than a real baseball.)
- In existence since April 7, 2004
This ball matches in proportion to the bat in Kentucky at the Louisville Bat Company.
Many volunteers helped create this - particularly David Porpealia who provided the raw product.
WORLD’S LARGEST BASEBALL BATLouisville, Kentucky
WORLD’S LARGEST BASEBALL GLOVE
HUGE BASEBALL MITT
San Francisco, California